Monday, March 29, 2010

the ladies

There are a few ladies in my life that really got me going in this field and the first is Geraldine Rarick...She was from Colorado and was at one time the a President of IPAT. She to me was one of the best well rounded artists at the time and could paint any subject well.. This would have been in the 70's...She believed in me and so did a lady named Vee Escobar..I met her in 1979 in California...She wrote for the China Decorator at the time and also had one of the best collections of antique porcelain in her home...She gave me a book that year...called a Manual for China Painters by Mrs. Nicola Di Rienzi Monachest....one of the first books really out in the field and it was published for the first time in 1896...few copies of it are left..I have one from the first publication given to me by Vee Escobar...She wrote in the book..."I believe in you, John" One day your name will be at the top of the list...that was 39 years ago and I am still waiting..She also was a dear soul...and really did a lot for the art form before I met her and after...I hope with time to write down the whole book here not taken into consideration the intruductions. Why because it was a starting point for me..